During December, people across the world generally heap upon others good words of cheer and simple good will; to every thing there is a season I suppose, so I too would like to join all comrades far and wide, and offer my nod of appreciation, to believers of course in general, but an especial shout out to atheists in particular.
That’s right you heard it correctly. Thank you. But why? Ha, I’ll tell you, and even ol’ Romeo could not properly count the ways.
- You have increased my faith., you have noted the anchor.
- You have endeared my affection for God’s word.
- You have proved me correct.
- You have re-affirmed the value of prayer.
- You have proved the science of scripture accurate and truthful.
- You have endeared the book of Genesis in ways you can not even imagine.
- Your ‘theories’ about the origin of man have caused me consistent and persistent laughter.
- Your adulation of men such as Degrasse, Nye, Harris, Ra, have almost singlehandedly given me genius stature. (of course I do not deserve the award, but thanks anyway)
- You make me smile when I see the repeatable, observable, and testable nature of water, which water by the way, is ever present both above the earth in all its fulness, and of course while flows through all the Seas of the world.
- You make me appreciate even more the solid fact that Moses and Peter knew more science than all the great pretenders today, by telling us that the earth sits IN the water, and that the earth is not the ocean, but that the earth and the Seas constitute the World. (As I said, true science)
- You remind me of God’s promises to the nation of Israel, and that God keeps His promises, while men revile Him through pride.
- You affirm and affirm the deceitful nature of sin, and inconvenient word much despised in academia.
- You remind me of the beastly nature not of lions, but of humans, by teaching a 4 year old girl that by next year, she can become a 5 year old boy. (thanks for the reference to the incomparable 1st of Romans, a chapter in a book that has no equal)
- You confirm the degradation of society while technology increases, which proves men were much smarter in the days when they did not stare into a screen for hours upon end.
- You have proved that God’s word is suited for any time of day, any age, in any century. The rainbow above reminds us that God does not sleep, and that He is ever near.
- You have correctly stated that the ‘religions’ of the world compete with one another, but have incorrectly assumed that Christianity is just one more religion. It is not, as the grace of God is only demonstrated in God through Christ, and has no competitor.
- You are also correct when you sat men try to reach the divine, whether real or imagined. The desire is innate, hard wired into conscience courtesy of He who created the brain, and of course there is a nemesis who would hiss the lie that it is all ‘imagination.’
- Thank you then for the reminder that lousy imaginations say ‘there is no God,’ a word spoken by the foolish.
- Thank you for the reminder of the trinity of truth found in the compass, the carpenter’s level, and the plumb-line, all tools found in scripture, and all tools which tell the same truth regarding truth and science.
- Thank you for the reminder that it was God who called the light Day, and that it was He who created the exact science of arithmetic.
So thank you again for helping my testimony flourish, and my faith remain strong as iron, as that anchor, but above all, for proving that God is oh so patient, which is consistent with himself, and even more staggering in light of what we have done to His creation.